Please note, we welcome abstracts from all those working in the field of Integrative Medicine, both in research and clinical applications.
All successful research abstracts will be published in the European Journal for Integrative Medicine (EuJIM), but ONLY if they follow the guidelines below:
1. Please ensure you select either one of the pre-determined topics, or if your abstract does not fall within these topics, please select ‘Other’ and provide a topic title for your submission.
2. Please provide your abstract in grammatically correct English.
3. A concise and factual and structured abstract is required. The abstract should state briefly the purpose of the research, the principal results and major conclusions. The abstract must be able to stand alone. For this reason, references should be avoided, but if essential, then cite the author(s) and year(s). Also, non-standard or uncommon abbreviations should be avoided, but if essential they must be defined at their first mention in the abstract itself.
4. All abstracts should have the following subheadings:
Introduction – which will contain a sentence about the background of the topic followed by the aim of the study
Methods – which will contain information about the study design, setting, subjects, outcome measures
Results – key results which should also include any p values
Conclusions - overall comment about the findings of the study and its relevance to the field of study
5. The text should not exceed 300 words. Unsubstantiated speculation should not be included. Footnotes may not be used. References must provide complete publication data.
6. If keywords are to be included (recommended), please follow these instructions: Immediately after the abstract, provide a maximum of 6 keywords (these must be included within the 300 word limit), using British spelling and avoiding general and plural terms and multiple concepts (avoid, for example, 'and', 'of'). Be sparing with abbreviations: only abbreviations firmly established in the field may be eligible. These keywords will be used for indexing purposes.
7. Please note, the maximum number of co-authors per abstract is 6.
8. Abstracts for both oral and poster presentations will be accepted.
9. Abstracts with a commercial nature will be rejected.
10. Successful abstracts will be presented on the ECIM 2021 website and published in the online European Journal of Integrative Medicine (EuJIM) but only if the abstract is provided in the format requested. Further information on the journal can be found here
11. The conference committee will review all the abstracts and you will be notified by the end of July 2021 if your abstract has been excepted.